Definitive Technology DI 6.5LCR speaker, MSRP: $599/each
Let your surround system blend into your decor with the Disappearing Series DI 6.5LCR 2-Way Speaker from Definitive Technology. Featuring a flush-mount, flangeless design and a white paintable micro-perf grille, this speaker hides in the wall or ceiling onto which it is installed. The speaker’s two 6.5″ BDSS drivers and 1″ pivoting pure aluminum dome tweeter deliver deep sound quality while the rigid PolyStone basket eliminates unwanted vibrations, preventing ringing and minimizing distortion. A three-position environmental EQ switch optimizes the speaker’s performance to match the acoustic properties of your room.
- White, paintable 17.13 x 8.31″ grille
- Simple conventional installation—no plasterwork required
- Sure-grip neodymium magnet fasteners securely hold the grille to the speaker
- Pure aluminum dome tweeter pivots to precisely aim high frequencies toward the listening position for precise imaging
- Energy absorbing Aero Ring reduces diffraction distortion for enhanced off-axis response and sound quality
- Adjustable high-definition crossover
- Cast PolyStone basket for rigidity without “ringing”
- Energy-absorbing baffle material for reduced diffraction
These remarkable speakers were specifically designed to bring you the world-famous sonic performance of Definitive’s free-standing speakers in easy-to-install built-in configurations. All models in Definitive’s Disappearing™ In-Wall series feature near-invisibility thanks to their small area, hidden flange design, and low profile micro-perf grilles. They are as easy to install as traditional flanged flush-mount speakers, and don’t require custom sheetrock/spackle skills to install and look practically invisible.